Hot Kb Articles for .NET Framework 1.1
Here is a listing of the most popular Kb Articles over the past 7 days.
Back to the technology listing
1) 939407 You cannot install an update for the .NET Framework 1.1, for the .NET Framework 1.0, for Visual Studio .NET 2003, or for Visual Studio .NET 2002 after you upgrade a computer from Windows XP to Windows Vista
2) Q318786 HOW TO: Create An IAuthenticationModule by Using Visual C# .NET
IN THIS TASK Implement the IAuthenticationModule Interface Create an Application to Test the Module Deploy the Module and Configure the System Test the Module
3) 815545 An unhandled exception of the 'System.ArgumentException' type occurs after you rename the columns of a DataSet object
(815545) - After you rename the columns of a DataTable object in the DataSet , if you try to refer to the columns in case-insensitive manner, you receive the following exception: An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in...
4) 917413 Error message when you try run a Web application that is built on the .NET Framework: "Server Error in '/' Application"
5) 815711 How to update parent-child data with an identity column from a Windows Forms Application by using a Web service in Visual C++ .NET
(815711) - Discusses how to create an ASP.NET Web service to access and to update a database. The article discusses how to modfiy data that is in two tables that have a parent-child relationship with an identity column that uses the Web service.
6) 828222 HOWTO: Generate a Dump File When ASP.NET Deadlocks in IIS 6.0
(828222) - When you experience a deadlock in Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, an error that is similar to the following will appear in the application event log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: W3SVC-WP Event Category: None Event ID: 2262 Date:...
7) 836874 FIX: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException occurs intermittently with ADO.NET
(836874) - In an ADO.NET application, you may intermittently receive the following exception error message: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
8) 908574 How to add SOAP client functionality to native Win32 applications by using managed SOAP classes
9) 842790 A System.Security.SecurityException exception occurs when you try to impersonate a user from a secondary thread in an ASP.NET Web application
(842790) - Explains that a SecurityException exception may occur when you try to impersonate a user from a secondary thread in an ASP.NET Web application. Describes three workarounds to solve this problem.
10) 818220 PRB: The ActiveX User Control Is Not Visible in the Form Designer When You Reopen an Existing Project
(818220) - When you reopen an existing Windows application in Visual Studio .NET, a previously visible ActiveX user control may not be visible in the Windows Form Designer. Also, when you try to compile the project, you may receive errors similar to the...