Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2003. This article describes how to obtain the update and how to determine whether the update is installed. Additionally, this article contains a list of issues that the update fixes.
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2003 that fixes a problem in the Local Cache Cleanup Wizard plug-in for the Disk Cleanup Wizard. Some Office 2003 Setup files are deleted from the local installation source without user direction.
Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
Issue that the update fixes
The update for Office 2003 (KB919029) fixes the issue that is described in the following hotfix package:
Description of the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: July 17, 2006
How to obtain and install the update
The update for Office 2003 (KB919029) is located at the Microsoft Download Center. To download this update and to view installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to determine whether the update is installed
The update contains a file that has the version that is listed in the following table.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
You do not have to install this update if you have a later version of the file that is listed in the table.
To determine the version of the file that is installed on the computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the Search Results window, click All files and folders in the Search Companion pane.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type Lccwiz.dll, and then click Search.
- In the list of files, right-click Lccwiz.dll, and then click Properties.
- On the Version tab, determine the version of the Lccwiz.dll file that is installed.
Information for administrators about .msp files
The administrative update consists of a full-file Microsoft Windows Installer file (.msp file). The .msp file is packaged in a self-extracting executable file. The following .msp file is distributed in this update:
Features for reinstalling specific components for administrators
If you update your administrative installation point and then recache and reinstall Office 2003 on client computers, you can run a command line that includes the REINSTALL=[list of features]
property. This property specifies whether you want to reinstall specific components of Office 2003 from the administrative image. For the update for Office 2003 (KB919029), the value for [list of features]
is as follows:
Alternatively, you can substitute the parameter REINSTALL=ALL
to reinstall all Microsoft Office components on the client computer.
For detailed procedures that explain how to update an administrative image and how to update client computers, see the "Updating clients from a patched administrative image" section in the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To view the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The Office Admin Update Center for Office IT professionals contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Office Admin Update Center, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 919029 - Last Review: October 9, 2011 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Access 2003
- Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2003
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003
|kboffice2003sp3fix kboffice2003presp3fix kbexpertisebeginner kbbug kbqfe kbfix kbupdate atdownload KB919029|