Office Communicator cannot placeÂ calls to the Exchange Unified Messaging (EUM) Auto Attendant (AA).
This issue occurs because the EUM AA that is associated with the Office Communications Server (OCS) pool was created by using a display name that contains spaces.
To resolve this issue, the followingÂ actions must be taken:
- The EUM AA that is associated with the OCS pool that has a display name that contains space characters must be removed and then replaced with an EUM AA that has a display name that contains no space characters.
- The configuration steps that are needed to integrate the EUM AA with the OCS pool must be followed.
To do this, youÂ will make changes from the following two locations:
- Exchange Management Console (EMC) or from the Exchange Management Shell (EMS)
- CommunicationsÂ Server front-end server
To remove and then replace the EUM AA, use the following instructions:Managing UM Auto Attendants
After the EUM AA is re-created, you can use one the following Exchange PowerShell cmdlet from the EMS to associate the EUM Dial plan with the Office Communications Server pool object:
Exchange 2007 - %Program Files%\...\Scripts>.\ExchUcUtil.ps1
Exchange 2010 - %Program Files%\...\Scripts>.\v14\ExchUcUtil.ps1
To make sure that the new EUM AA is recognized by the OCS pool infrastructure, follow these steps:
- On an OCS Pool Front End Server, open Windows Explorer, and then browse to the following folder:
%Program Files%\Common Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Support\
- Double-click the OcsUmUtil.exe file to start it.
- In theÂ Exchange UM Integration Utility dialog box, click Load Data.
- From theÂ Exchange UM Dial Plan ForestÂ drop-down selector, select the forest domain that is hosting the OCS and EUM infrastructure.Â
- Use the Add or Edit button in theÂ Exchange UM Integration Utility dialog box to configure the new EUM AA.
- If the EUM dial plan for the OCS pool supports a System Attendant (SA) configuration, make sure that the SA configuration is added together with the EUM AA configuration in theÂ Exchange UM Integration Utility dialog box.
- When the configuration is complete, close the Exchange UM Integration Utility dialog box.
The error message that the OC client provides when the call to the EUM AA fails seems to be nonessential. To confirm that this is the issue that is occurring with the OC client, follow these steps:
- Download the OCS 2007 R2 Resource Kit Tools, and then install them onto the Windows client that hosts the OC client.
- On the OC client that is providing the error, turn on the client logging feature that is available on theÂ General tab through the OC client's Tools, Options menu.
- Click to select theÂ Turn logging on in Communicator check box.
- Click OK.
- Use the OC client to dial in to the EUM AA to re-create the error message.
- ExitÂ the OC client.
- Use Windows Explorer on the Windows client to locateÂ the following folder:
%Program Files%\Office Communications Server 2007 R2\ResKit\Tracing
- Double-click theÂ Snooper.exe file to start theÂ Snooper SIP capture utility.
- Use Snooper to locate and then open theÂ following file:
- Use the search feature of Snooper.exe to search for the following string:
"The application specified an invalid request-uri"
- The results of the search should resemble the following SIP response packet information:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
Start-Line: SIP/2.0 400 Bad request
From: "Thomas Anderson"<sip:firstname.lastname@example.org>;tag=d188533aa4;epid=d01f1abc1f
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Authentication-Info: TLS-DSK qop="auth", opaque="F952C736", srand="54B4DF14", snum="15",Â
rspauth="8f86570efd6df642296ea281242bdc684db93fb1", targetname="ocsserver.contoso.com", realm="SIP CommunicationsÂ
Via: SIP/2.0/TLS 10.0.0.122:49382;ms-received-port=49382;ms-received-cid=1C2C00
ms-diagnostics: 1;reason="Service Unavailable";AppUri="http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2FLCS
%2FExumRouting";reason="The application specified an invalid request-uri";source="ocsserver.contoso.com"
Article ID: 2431925 - Last Review: October 21, 2010 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Standard Edition